Article by Leah Samuels
Make Your Computer Run Faster With Windows in Moments – The Most Effective Way to Speed Up My Computer
Everyone wonders how to make their computer run faster. Nearly all computers slow down on efficiency after some time. Pop-ups begin invading, applications require awhile to load and additionally some computers also make some noises during start up. Yet there are several things we can do regarding it prior to actually contacting a professional to fix the computer. Allow me to guide you through the best way to speed up my computer. Try putting into action these today and they will definitely speed up your PC to a good degree.
* To start, de fragment your PC (Go to Start -> programs -> accessories -> system tools -> Disk defragmenter. Few hours spent once in awhile results in good speed. Removing all unneeded files before beginning Disk defragmenter also helps a lot.
* Adding RAM is an additional good idea to speed up the PC.
* The Internet cache must be cleared and cookies and the temp directory ought to be removed routinely to speed up browsing. The temp directory stores hundreds of files with time and slows down system greatly. Users of Windows 2000/XP must make hidden folders visible first and next go to C: ->Documents and Settings ->USER->Local Settings->Temp folder; select all and press delete.
* Another idea is an Antivirus application which can maintain the system free from viruses, Spyware and malware. If your system operates really slow or shows undesirable websites or pop-ups when you are not even connected to the Internet, then it is likely infected with some Spyware.
* Run the MSCONFIG utility and it will switch off all the unneeded Startup programs that utilize lot of memory as well as processing power. Go to Start -> Run -> Type MSCONFIG & press ‘OK’.
* Uninstalling unused programs/files is another method to speed up my computer. Go to Control Panel -> Add / Remove Program to delete a program fully.
* Go to start -> programs -> accessories -> system tools -> Disk Cleanup to improve your system performance.
* Turning off fancy graphics likewise speeds up the system.
Even a new system gradually slows down with time and there are many means to speed up the PC without any hardware upgrades. Apply these ideas to make the system run quicker and in case the desired results are not obtained, then another technique to speed up my computer is to get rid of your old Windows version and get Windows 7 now and have amazing results right away.
About the Author
Frustrated of slowing Windows performance and don’t know how to make your computer run faster? Do you want to learn even more ways to speed up my computer in inexpensive and quick way? Click here for more information on how to fix your computer.
Hi! My name is Gabe Belanger, MCSE BSc., of Computer Geeks On Call ( firstname.lastname@example.org ). I have been working in the IT industry for 9+ years and I wanted to provide some training for one of the most common issues I deal with each day: slow computers. In about 5 minutes you will be able to safely and effectively speed up your computer and free up some RAM. How? This is done by disabling programs that run automatically when you start your computer. How do these programs get on your system? They come with the installation of programs such as Norton Anti-virus, Microsoft Office, etc. The problem happens not with one or two programs but with say 10 or 20 programs you install over a few months – the extra processing required to run these, often unecessary progams, slowly but surely slow down your computer. Best of all this tool is included with Windows 98, ME, XP and VISTA. It is something every person should do to keep their system running quickly. Adding RAM is often not a solution and neither is getting a new, faster computer – eventually as you install software the computer will slow down again because of the sheer number of extra programs that run.
Video Rating: 0 / 5